We are here to help families in Hammersmith & Fulham thrive.
Our family centres are on hand so mums, dads, carers and children can make new friends and enjoy play and learning experiences together.
Loving, positive and nurturing relationships help children and young people develop the healthy brains they need for future life challenges.
And anything that gets in the way of these positive experiences can lead to toxic stress causing a child's healthy brain development to become impaired.
The good news is our brains aren't fully formed until around the age of 25, so there are plenty of opportunities to help young people develop the skills they need and to overcome the impact of earlier toxic stress.
Find out more about the science behind brain development.
Working with our childcare provisions
We work closely with our childcare providers to help to develop high quality provision, where children can thrive, develop their learning and have lots of fun.
The support we provide includes:
- quality development
- early childhood environmental ratings
- mock Ofsted inspection
- helping a setting that has a requires improvement or inadequate Ofsted rating. We will provide regular 1-1 visits, team training, development plans until the rating improves
- SEND support
- SEND network meetings, networking sharing practice and training
- individual support for children who need development plans
- support with good attachments/transitions
- curriculum planning
- observation and assessment of children’s progress.
- manager forums, to network and share good practice
- business management
- supporting new providers through the registration process
- placements for children in need
- placements for funded children
- brokering two-year-old funded places and ensuring payments are made to setting
- audit settings in regard to the financial management of funded places.
- development of specific areas, for example, speech and communication, physical development
- along with partners from the healthy early years teams, support for the healthy early years programme
- in partnership with the music hub, facilitate programmes for funded music and drama activities
- circulate information of any changes in the early years field
- encourage take-up of updates on the Family Information Service online database to promote settings and contribute towards the Childcare Sufficiency Assessments
- business support to schools to develop the 30 hours free childcare offer
- information and guidance to check regulatory procedures and ensure complaints are dealt with
For further information on how we can support you, please contact email@example.com.