£28, 752 p/a rising after a year successful completion of an NVQ level 3
Trainee period is for one year before successful graduation to position of Family Support Practitioner
Complete a level 3 NVQ Family Support Qualification and the Alberta Family Wellness Initiative Brain Story Certificate while working with families in Hammersmith and Fulham.
Initially closely supported to manage a small caseload of client families, acting as their first point of contact on behalf of Family Support. Support can take place in the family home, in the children’s centres and in the local community, and at any time during the week, according to the needs of the family. Over time the number of cases managed will rise as your experience and skills develop.
The support can include, but is not restricted to, families who:
- Have no family network or have newly moved into the area, including families who have no recourse to public funds
- Find themselves in unexpected circumstances such as bereavement, family illness or family separation
- Face family crises, such as food poverty, financial or housing problems
- Have a mother is suffering from post-natal depression or low mood, or where there is poor or disorganised attachment
- Have a child or parent with a disability or special educational need, or mental health need
- Have young parent, lone parent or father who is deemed vulnerable
- Have a domestic violence, drug or alcohol abuse issue and/or other significant / serious issues affecting children’s lives
- Need support or guidance in parenting, dealing with children’s challenging behaviour or coping with family life
- Children not accessing education.
- Working in a flexible and agile way to meet the needs of our families and this can include weekend work.
You will work to the highest possible quality standards of service at all times in accordance with Family Support policies and procedures. This includes but is not restricted to:
- Following good practice guidelines for working with vulnerable children and families in a safe and professional manner
- Ensuring that all support given to the mother, father or carer keeps the needs of the child/children at the centre of the support at all times
- Working in genuine partnership with families to empower them to make positive changes and develop strategies for improving their current situation and tackling difficulties appropriately in the future
Download the full job description below as well as the application form. Please submit completed applications to email@example.com
|Job Description - Family Support Worker Trainee.docx||49.03 KB|
|Rec10_NI_Application_Form_Staff_NI_onl (1) (1)_1.doc||168.5 KB|