Guidance & training to help prepare schools & staff post lockdown.
Re-integration into school life following the Covid-19 lockdown period of isolation will prove very challenging for some children, particularly those transitioning from primary to secondary.
Timing is critical. As we head back to school the ability to support young children integrate back into school life and guide their approach the ‘new-normal’ is crucial.
In response to the demand from schools for more support, we have created a dedicated programme of activity to equip and help professionals working with children who have and are experiencing trauma during this difficult time.
Who should take part in this programme?
- We have pulled together this programme specifically for school staff. We will increase your understanding and boost your confidence and ability to guide and ease children back into school following this long period away
- This programme has been developed in collaboration with NSPCC, the UK's leading experts on safeguarding and child protection
You will learn:
- The Impact of Trauma
- Steps to help build a strong-healthy brain
- Core concepts of brain development
- Sharing the Science approach to understanding & communication
- How to identify the greatest areas of need
- How to make schools safer places for children
Our Return to School programme is made up of a variety of different learning elements:
Online Bite Sized Learning
These short bite sized learning activities will explain the core concepts of child brain development and the impact of trauma and what you can do to support children.
Learning consists of:
- Free online bite-sized training
- Access to podcasts and videos
- Supporting materials and resources
Access free bite sized learning.
Virtual Learning Programme
Delving a little deeper, our Virtual Learning Programme, is designed to 'Share the Science’ and increase school professionals' trauma informed knowledge and capability via a blend of digital learning and facilitated discussions. You will learn:
6 key concepts and 'Sharing the Science methodology
- Theory of Change Development
- Sharing the Science Webinars
- Facilitated discussions led by experienced Family Support professional
Register to take part in our Virtual Learning Programme
Trauma Informed Schools Traded Offer
Family Support work in an agile and collaborative way with your school to deliver our successful Trauma Informed for Schools Traded offer. We will run an audit, develop a detailed plan around your key requirements and will work with you to successfully embed them into school life.
Read our Trauma Informed Schools brochure.