Kooth is a free online counselling and emotional well-being service for young people who either live or attend school in the borough. It has been made available for all young people aged 11 to 25. See the video to learn more.
Login to Kooth through phone, tablet or laptop.
- Safe, confidential, anonymous
- Free at the point of need
- Available through a smartphone, tablet or computer with a good internet connection
- Open 7 days per week, 365 days a year, from noon until 10pm weekdays and from 6pm until 10pm on Saturday and Sundays
- Young people can access this service anonymously by signing onto the Kooth site
- Confidential, 1-2-1 instant messaging with Kooth’s team of qualified counsellors. Watch a short video about Kooth Chat
- Kooth Magazine (a hub full of creative pieces and personal experiences for peer to peer support). Watch a short video about Kooth Magazine
- Kooth discussion forums to facilitate peer-led support and self-help articles (many written by service users). Watch a short video about Kooth discussion forums
- Counsellors, therapists and support workers provide guided, outcome-focused help for each individual
Kooth helps to remove the stigma around mental health and accessing services, integrating with face to face local services to ensure a seamless transition for young people. Kooth has no referrals or waiting lists.