We are here to help families in Hammersmith & Fulham thrive.
Our family centres are on hand so mums, dads, carers and children can make new friends and enjoy play and learning experiences together.
Loving, positive and nurturing relationships help children and young people develop the healthy brains they need for future life challenges.And anything that gets in the way of these positive experiences can lead to toxic stress causing a child's healthy brain development to become impaired.
The good news is our brains aren't fully formed until around the age of 25, so there are plenty of opportunities to help young people develop the skills they need and to overcome the impact of earlier toxic stress.
Find out more about the science behind brain development.
We work closely with our childminders to help to develop high quality places, where children can thrive, develop their learning and have lots of fun.
The support we provide includes:
- delivery of childminding networks across the borough
- quality development
- early childhood environmental ratings
- mock Ofsted inspection
- supporting childminders that have a requires improvement or inadequate Ofsted rating. We will provide regular one-to-one visits, team training, development plans until the rating improves
- SEND support
- individual support for children who need development plans
- support with good attachments/transitions
- curriculum planning
- observation and assessment of children’s progress
- business management
- information sessions for people wanting to become a childminder
- pre-registration training for childminders
- supporting new childminders through the registration process
- placements for children in need
- placements for funded children
- brokering two-year-old funded places and ensuring payments are made to childminders
- auditing childminders regarding the financial management of funded places
- developing specific area for example speech and communication, physical development
- in partnership with the music hub, facilitating programmes for funded music and drama activities.
- circulating information of any changes in the early years field
- encourage take-up of updates on the Family Information Service website to promote settings and contribute toward the childcare sufficiency assessments
- information and guidance to check regulatory procedures and ensure complaints are dealt with
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org